There are certain hard or sticky foods that can damage your braces and even cause them to become detached from your teeth.
Below you'll find a list of foods we recommend you stay away from as they can catch or stick to your your braces, loosen the brackets, or bend the wires.
• Corn on the cob
• Hard carrots
• Biting meat off ribs or bones (cut meat off instead)
• Cereals with nuts/granola
• Any type of nut (other than thinly sliced)
• Unpopped popcorn (be careful with the husks of the popcorn getting stuck in your gums)
• Candy (hard chocolate, chewy gummy bears, etc.)
• Any whole hard fruit (cut them into pieces instead)
• Large pieces of any meat (cut into small slices)
• Hard crusty bread, including pizza crusts
• Most hard cookies
• Chewing on pencils
• “Nutty” peanut butter
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Site Design by QCREATIVE v3sg