There are right foods and wrong foods when eating with braces. Don't worry! Of course you can eat with your new braces, but there are some slight modifications that we recommend when choosing foods. There are certain hard or sticky foods that can damage your braces and even cause them to become detached from your teeth.
Below you'll find a list of foods we recommend you stay away from as they can catch or stick to your your braces, loosen the brackets, or bend the wires.
• Corn on the cob
• Hard carrots
• Biting meat off ribs or bones (cut meat off instead)
• Cereals with nuts/granola
• Any type of nut (other than thinly sliced)
• Unpopped popcorn (be careful with the husks of the popcorn getting stuck in your gums)
• Candy (hard chocolate, chewy gummy bears, etc.)
• Any whole hard fruit (cut them into pieces instead)
• Large pieces of any meat (cut into small slices)
• Hard crusty bread, including pizza crusts
• Most hard cookies
• Chewing on pencils
• “Nutty” peanut butter
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Welcome to my orthodontic practice. It gives me great pleasure to have this opportunity to introduce myself and my team to you, our most valued patients. Let's get started!
WHAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ORTHODONTIST.
READ MY BIO
AND MEET OUR ORTHODONTICS TEAM
LET'S GET STARTED LEARNING ABOUT
YOUR ORTHODONTIC SOLUTION
Congratulations! You are on your way to making an informed decision about the right orthodontic solution for you! Remember, every orthodontic case is unique, just like every patient is unique. Use the options below to learn more about answers to common questions regarding braces and orthodontic solutions.
LEARN ABOUT ORTHODONTICS SPECIFICALLY FOR:
LEARN ABOUT LIVING WITH
AND CARING FOR YOU NEW BRACES
HAVE QUESTION? LOOKING FOR ANSWERS?
VISIT OUR FAQ'S SECTION OR
ASK DR. BENITEZ DIRECTLY FOR A STRAIGHT ANSWER!